Oh God! Why did you create me as a ‘GIRL’?









Oh God! Why did you create me as a ‘GIRL’?
With gold chained bounds and curls,
My ‘Name’ spreads displeasure,
And I am not a treasure,
I spread sorrow all around,
Like a bell sound.

I am treated as a decorative piece,
With brutal burns on self-increase,
I am adored as a doll,
With no feelings of self at all,
That, I am made to stoop and fall,
That, ‘I am a girl’ so all call.

I am daughter, sister, wife and mother,
I play meaningful roles that world does not bother,
At festivals I am worshipped,
Just to bear some more cane whips,
Before, blossom into flower,
I am married off with restrictive power.

I am made to bear the fruit of love,
If, it turns out to be a ‘GIRL’; It is crushed to death
under the merciless ‘HAND GLOVES’,
This cycle of life going on and on,
The story of pain is ever born,
I am nowhere better than males,
Because, I am born ‘Female’.



http:/www.poemhunter.com/sphoorthi theatre

Comments

I came across this horrifying news In 3 months, no girls were born in 132 U’kashi villages, Have no girls been born in 132 villages in India?,
Big drop in child sex ratio in 9 Indian states

--source:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/dehradun/in-3-months-no-girls-were-born-in-132-ukashi-villages/articleshow/70283468.cms
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-49109767
http://www.im4change.org/latest-news-updates/big-drop-in-child-sex-ratio-in-9-indian-states-rema-nagarajan-24573.html

In fact, in four of the nine states, it is not just specific districts but the entire state that has seen a worsening of the 0-4 sex ratio. The census office has been conducting a baseline annual health survey in nine states from 2007-2009 and 2010-2011. - Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand and Assam. These are sensitive states where it is quite visible to see worsening sex ratio.

It is sad and pathetic to read news that where are we heading to? if this being our attitude towards Girl child

Popular posts from this blog

Panduga Sayanna-The Robinhood of Telangana

Tamasha Folk Theatre of Maharashtra

Oggu Katha - Oral Storytelling Theatrical Performance of Telangana