Puppet Film Assignment of Sphoorthi

May16, 2012 was a hectic day for Sphoorthi Theatre for Educational Puppetry, and Art & Carfts-STEPARC. I personify my Puppet Theatre as my daughter SPHOORTHI.

Well, she was born in mid 2003-2004, but got her name registered under Societies Registration Act of 2001 on March 31st, 2005. Since then like an younf infant the theatre is working an dsurving doing some educational and awareness programmes using Puppets. Now is is seven years old and is on her own--Yes!!! Till now Sphoorthi Theatre did puppet presentation in collaboration with other organisations mostly free of cost ( Travel fee is exempted for kids below 5years in Bus/Train and not in plane). Lately, Sphoorthi Theatre has realized not to do for Puppet Presentation/Shows/Plays for FREE.

By collaborating with organsiation I could get to learn a lot, Apart from the organisation's aims/objectives/vision/mission/and so on, changes in human behaviour. Long ago, I had studied Socail psychology and Organisation Behaviour-I could see, sense and feel my Psychology Text Book book before me with topics, pages with page numbers and examples. What I studied in my past has not gone waste!!!.

Well, sooner I shall post on Changes in Human Bebaviour; but for now about about the unexpected puppet film assignment for Doordarshan Saptagiri TeleSchool. Television is called 'Doordarshan' in Hindi in India. Door means Tele and Darshan means Vision. This is government owned T.V Channel which has its main office at New Delhi and sub centers at regional offices. As in India every state has its own Regional language. As I reside in Andhra Pradesh-Telugu is the regional langauge apart from Urdu/Hindi and English which is widely spoken. Regional T.V and Radio Channels give importance and work in regional langauge.

So, through one of my Technician I got this assignment. Though Government TV or Radio channels are not rewarding in terms of monetary benefits, I agreed as it was the first assignment Sphoorthi got after opening an account in the bank. It was like a mascot or call it Luck or whatever.

It is a story adapted from Grade VI Telugu Text Book of Andhra Pradesh State Syllabus revolving around three main character-a cunning Cat, a Dove and an Eagle under the back drop of a forest. Now, I had to create a mini forest setting, and prepare all main puppets and few birds in addition. Sounded interesting. thrilling but I and my team got exhausted by the time we  made thr prepartion for the mini forest setting. More so on the Shooting day which began at 8:00am in the morning and went up till 6:30pm. In between 'Cut', ' Action', 'Camera Rolling', 'Take', 'Retake' were the only words revolving all around the hall.  The title is "Kothaga Vochinavarini Nammaradu"- meaning don't trust the newcomer or don't trust the stranger. As the saying goes 'Unknown devils are dangerous than know devils'.  But, I sincerely feel and have experienced that even Known devils are Treacherous.
It was a great learning experience, as I got lost in my mini forest, image what would happen in real life. Again, seeing the setting of forest moved me and I did not feel like removing the setting, but I had to do it and vacate the hall. Beautiful picture painted of  clear blue sky, hilly range, river flowing and of course trees-as a backdrop and four trees and rocks made out of "Best out of Waste" did give a natural look of a tree.

My cunnning cat puppet in black did a wonderful performance and was everyones DARLING!!!









Whole credit goes to my technician K.Bhaskar and KBSC Hostel students like Punesh, Bheema Rao, Gajanan, Shankar, Vilas, Ramanna, Vishesh, Jangu Babu, and many others (I aplogise for not remembering everyones name) in  making the assignment a success. Its real TEAM EFFORT!!!


!!!Kudos to KBSC Hostel Students!!!

Today, the producer of the film informed me about the telecast of 20minutes Puppet Film. I could feel HORRIPILATION all over. I am just excited like new debut actor and actress on release of their first movie.


****THE PUPPET FILM GOING TO BE TELE CASTED ON JUNE 11, 2012 AT 10:30 AM INDIAN TIME ON DD SAPTAGIRI TELESCHOOL CHANNEL (TELUGU REGIONAL ) ****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panduga Sayanna-The Robinhood of Telangana

Tamasha Folk Theatre of Maharashtra

Oggu Katha - Oral Storytelling Theatrical Performance of Telangana