Oh! My dear Yellow bag!!!





Oh! My dear Yellow bag!!!


Years ago, I saw most of them carrying a bright yellow colour cloth bag,
Yellow bag for buying vegetables and fruits,
Yellow bag for carrying tiffin and lunch box,
Yellow bag my grandpa’s best campanion,
Followed him day and night,
From office to evening clubs.

Come Pongal,Dussera and Diwali,
Sarees, dresses and white dhothi,
Gifts and crackers packed in you.
To get home yet another bright yellow bag,
as new.

Then came a monster Called Plastic,
Who chased you off and made Earth spastic.
Making hell on Earth and bombastic,
Human's leading life unenthusiastic.

Humans lost soul and mind,
Behaving careless and being unkind,
Damaging ozone and polluting every zone,

Streets covered with plastic litters,
Clogged lakes, pond and river,
Polluting water and air.

Happy are mosquitoes and insects,
Happy to spread all over and ready to inject,
Me falling sick, unable to sit and stand erect,

Oh my negligence of leaving my earth unprotect,
Harming her and treating with disrespect,

I realize -‘All that glitters is not gold’
Meaningful saying though old,
Let me come out of fantasy of using plastic,
My yellow bag my rescuer, need not panic.
No more shall I treat you as rag,
My dear yellow bag,

With new look and colour,
I make you appear good and elegant.
Affordable in less than a dollar,
Classic and pleasant.

http://www.poemhunter.com/sphoorthi-theatre/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panduga Sayanna-The Robinhood of Telangana

Tamasha Folk Theatre of Maharashtra

Oggu Katha - Oral Storytelling Theatrical Performance of Telangana