To Catch The Glimpse Of The Prince - A Poem





Twilight set on the horizon,
Filled with happiness for a reason,
Dressed in ethnic Elizabethan,
Looked through the opening of the window,
Far-stretched sight crossing meadows,
For all that I longed for
To catch the glimpse of the Prince
whom I dream of a day in and out.

Gentle breeze passing by gently,
Filling the air fragrance of budding mango shoots,
Joy news of orange spread in the West,
Mustard flowers get the marigold look,
Birds returning back to their nest,
Blazing sun going down to rest,
To catch the glimpse of the Prince
whom I dream of a day in and out

Women fetching water at the well,
The rumbling sound of glass bangles,
Dancing sound of wind chimes,
The rhythmic sound of temple bells,
The pounding sound of turmeric,
The cracking sound of nutcrackers,
The buzzing sound of bees
Held my breathe high,
To catch the glimpse of the Prince
 whom I dream of a day in and out

Threshold decorated with mango leaves,
Gardens filled with marigold fields,
Earthen lamps lit by Eves,
To welcome the dusk with an amusement feast,
All dance to the thundering sound of drum beats,
Children jump high hearing the paddling sound of horse riders,
Crossing my fingers and shedding tears of joy,
To catch the glimpse of the Prince
 whom I dream of a day in and out.

A blissful evening turns into a stormy night,
Hounding sound of wolves pricking fright,
Surrounded by the fortress of clouds,
No moon up in the sky,
Appear like a shroud with a corpse,
Calling for the crowd,
To witness the harshness of my love,
Sent as a reward,
By the envious with whom he fought,
Courageous, brave, and vigilant,
Stabbed mercilessly in the back
Cruel, unkind, and cowardly as they were,
Tears that flow down the cheeks,
Without my eyes noticing it,
My love, my life buried along
With the dreams I carried lifelong…..
To catch the glimpse of the Prince
whom I dream of a day in and out



https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/to-catch-the-glimpse-of-the-prince/






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panduga Sayanna-The Robinhood of Telangana

Tamasha Folk Theatre of Maharashtra

Oggu Katha - Oral Storytelling Theatrical Performance of Telangana