To My Sir , A Tribute




On the seashore with a teacher by his side,
He observed the flight of a bird,
Suddenly he understood the dynamics of the flight,
And a thought eveoked.

I will one day have something to do with flights,
And his teacher assured he would,
He went on to become a remarkable scientist,
Th world, had but to acknowledge,
I attribute my success to my tecaher... to my dear teacher, he hold.

On that eventful midninght,
Huddled with his friends at school,
He listened to the commentary on the radio,
The British flag was lowered and the Indian flag hoisted, in the Red Fort.

The morning paper flashed two photos,
One of the position of power, the other of a barefoot Mahatma,
Engossed in removing th epain of people
Deep within, an understanding dawned, of nobility of life and leadership.
To him I attribute my life's statement, as the purpose of my life unfolds.

On a dark night, a teary eyed boy,
Reprimanded by his father for accepting a gift,
Took splace in a mother's bosom,
And as she gently stroked his head,
He learnt a lesson that by expecting gifts.

The divine light of a person gets extinguished,
He went on to become a modest, righteous President of India,
I attribute this credit to my father,
For he not only taught, but lived the values he preached, he told.

On the canvas of life, filled with all that is aesthetic,
A musician at heart and anadmirer of art,
A scientific mind that realized the thin line between science and spirituality,
A writer who ignited many a mind,
And gave wings of fire to the youth,

To execute the vision, for a new millennium of India 2020,
Direction for the development of our motherland, we attribute to you , Sir,
To you, I salute, as the nation bonds together,
And rises to bring development, both economic and spiritual,
To You Sir, the Nation Salutes.

This Poem on Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam is penned By Ms. D. Usha Reddy
Principal, Meridian School
Chairperson, HSSC
Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panduga Sayanna-The Robinhood of Telangana

Tamasha Folk Theatre of Maharashtra

Oggu Katha - Oral Storytelling Theatrical Performance of Telangana